Computer bsod 0xc000014c and then corrupted registry

flipp1234567

In Runtime
Hi everybody
So i moved back to campus and set up my desktop and got 4bsod before successfully booting on Monday, yesterday had issues getting past windows 7 glowing logo start up thingy and today I got this bsod into a corrupted registry.

I have no idea what to do now and looking hindsight robably should have spent time finding the source...

I want to upgrade to windows 10 but have no idea how (I know I get it free from my uni) with this current state. I shouldn't have any important data on my Ssd where the OSis, just likely game saves and some game files.

I am also having issues booting from another drive. Do you guys think its possible to install windows 10/repair windows 7from my other boot drive?

Build is gskill 8gb ddr3
Gtx970
I5-2500k
750w antec earth or whatever
Samsung 500gb evo 840 (yes not 850)
Seagate 3tb (has all me important files)
WD black 1tb (other boot drive b4 igit Ssd)

Thanks. Sry post is kind of messy or incoherent at parts. Im really bad abd doesbt help that I'm on mobile and just napped for 4hours hoping this wasn't real lol.

Sounds like your bootloader is messed up.
Do this:
https://tweakhound.com/2012/11/13/how-to-fix-the-windows-bootloader/

I'd also suggest running a chkdsk after you fix the bootloader and are able to boot into Windows:

Start -> type 'cmd' (without quotes) -> right click -> run as admin -> in the console window that pops up type:
chkdsk C: /f /r
Press Enter and it will say it cannot lock the current drive and to run on next reboot. Type Y and hit Enter -> Reboot your computer and let it run through the check (it may take some time, depending on how big your HDD is).

I don't have a reboot disk or USB... so i downloaded the program at the very bottom of your bootloader link since i am dual boot. I'm unsure if the program worked. I am currently chkdsk-ing my primary boot drive after repairing boot files with the program.

Also will installing windows 10 over windows 7 "repair" whatever issue there is with windows 7?

OK SO I FIXED MY COMPUTER BY NOT FOLLOWING ANYTHING AND I AM SUPER MAD.

I started getting same BSOD messages on my secondary boot drive and realized it was my SATA cables/motherboard or something??? i moved the sata cables to new ports (i use 4, mobo has 8 ports) and voila. it freakin works now.

Does anybody know what this can possibly mean in the future?

Thanks in advance!

Could be a faulty port.

May have been a corrupt driver, and when you swapped port, Windows would detect it as new hardware, so would install a fresh driver for the port/drive.

Good thought on the driver. Try updating your drivers manually.

Could your BIOS see your disks when they were connected to the original ports?

Yeah. there were no problems with my bios seeing the disks at any given time. This actually isn't the first time i've had to switch around the ports. The last time i had to swap around the wires/ports was when my bios didn't recognize my ssd rather than something being missing/corrupted

Back
Top Bottom