sony walkman x1050 problems with playlist

jasonblu

Beta member
Hello,
Im at war with my sony walkman x1050 for a few days now.
The problem is with playlists
I tried winamp,media monkey, walkmanMTP, WMP.
When I sync playlist(I select playlist, right mouse click, select add to sync list) and then sync to walkman with windows media player 12, But this action only transfers songs to music folder, playlist is not created.
I downloaded Sony MediaGo program. It transfers playlist to my walkman, I can see it in Computer> Walkman>PLAYLISTS> myplaylist.pla . But in my walkman, I select Playlists and it gives me an error : "no playlist available. please connect to compliant software or device and transfer playlists".
Why it gives me this error if there's a playlist (myplaylist.pla) in playlists folder ?
With walkmanMTP program, when i make playlist and press Sync, I imediately get error: error syncing playlist.
Winamp, mediamonkey creates .m3u playlists in my walkman, which I read is not supported by walkman.

Maybe someone can help me, because it's so annoying, seems that my sony walkman doest want to have playlist inside :/ .

Try creating the playlist file in the same folder as the music, just as a test. Eg. Put 2 or 3 tracks in a folder, create a playlist with them, and save the playlist file to the same folder, then copy the folder to the player. Or check if the player has a specific playlist folder.

Try creating the playlist file in the same folder as the music, just as a test. Eg. Put 2 or 3 tracks in a folder, create a playlist with them, and save the playlist file to the same folder, then copy the folder to the player. Or check if the player has a specific playlist folder.

Thank You for answer.
Windows media player automatically creates playlist in Users>PLaylists. Ofcourse, I can change that directory in settings, but it creates playlist in .wpl format, which is not recognised by walkman, so I cant just copy and paste folder with music and playlist , to walkman. I still need to do Sync, that .wpl format would be converted to .pla.
I'll try now to do as you said, to put songs and playlist in one folder and try to sync with walkman.

P.S I did factory reset and wipe, and re-installed software, because I thought it can be some software bug. Because i read that you can put songs to playler, select them, then press mouse right click and select Add to playlist, but in my case I dont get this option, I tried to open walkman simply, and tried to open it as a portable device, still dont get that option :/ .

EDIT.
I did:
Created playlist with WMP. Putted songs and playlist in the same folder. Copied folder to walkman, and synced that playlist with walkman via WMP. No effect :/ .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom