Can I SLI from two different brands?

DBrown51

Baseband Member
I have a NVIDIA 970 now and I'm looking to SLI another one, do I need to get the exact same model again or can I get a different one ie. EVGA 970?

Thanks

The only issue might be if one is clocked by the manufacturer a little higher than the other, it might be bottlenecked by the slower one. But that will not be discernible, especially with the gains you'll get from SLI.

I was debating SLI but with what I get for my 970 selling I'm hoping I can get the new one when it comes out cheaper out of pocket then buying another 970. Hope there price on the 970 doesn't drop too far when the new one is out whatever they decide to call it. GTX1070 maybe ????.

You won't get one cheaper out of pocket. They sell for around 200-250 and still go for around 300 new. Cheapest I suspect they will drop is 250 new before they go EOL but then used pricing will drop to around 200.

Well if there prices stay the same the new should be $350 ish and if I got $200 then spend the $150 for the new I'd guess I'd be $50 better than spending $200 to buy a second 970, I can live with that, I got lucky with my 770 and got $280 for it and got the 970 for $329 but getting that lucky don't happen that often lol.

Back
Top Bottom