Decided I want to change my CPU+GPU+MB - help me do a good choise :)

amirgelman

Baseband Member
hello all,

okay, so recently I've bought an SSD by YOUR recommendation - and WOW did that make a difference.
I should state that my PC's purpuses are graphics design (adobe), games mainly, music production (cubase) and maybe some After Effects in the future (a very heavy software).

to be clear, the only recent purchases I've made were my RAM (16gb) + SSD 500gb + video card. the rest of my pc is kind of a dinasour (bought it like 7 years ago or more).

This is my current state:
Intel Core i5 CPU | 750 @ 2.67Ghz 2.66 GHz
16 GB RAM DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750Ti GDDR5
SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO

now, since I got into this game called Black Desert and since I love gaming so much - I wanna buy a PC with only the following items:
- Motherboard
- Processor
- Graphics Card

Help me figuring out which items I should buy if I wanna play BLACK DESERT on ultra settings, everything on full - more then 40fps+

maybe i don't have to get a motherboard and processor? all i know the current one bottlenecks my SSD (it shows on Samsung Magician).

MORE INFO:
- My budget is around 1,000$.
- I need firewire connection to my PC for my TC Electronic's Impact Twin soundcard.

thank you!

Last edited:
Haha so I Googled this game, and to my surprise this game is 3 years old and just NOW being released. There isn't a lot of info on it though, but I was reading their forum and it turns out even guys with almost top end rigs are having stuttering issues. That being said if I was you I might buy a GPU and hold off on the platform for a while to see how things pan out. Of course we're on the brink of a major graphics card update so really it's up to you.
As I explained before the board, specifically the SATA2 port isn't bottlenecking your SSD. What you're feeling now is the full performance you'll notice in real life, even if you had an updated platform. The only difference being sequential reads/writes aren't as high as they could be but that doesn't make a difference unless you're copying large files from one SSD to another.

Haha so I Googled this game, and to my surprise this game is 3 years old and just NOW being released. There isn't a lot of info on it though, but I was reading their forum and it turns out even guys with almost top end rigs are having stuttering issues. That being said if I was you I might buy a GPU and hold off on the platform for a while to see how things pan out. Of course we're on the brink of a major graphics card update so really it's up to you.
As I explained before the board, specifically the SATA2 port isn't bottlenecking your SSD. What you're feeling now is the full performance you'll notice in real life, even if you had an updated platform. The only difference being sequential reads/writes aren't as high as they could be but that doesn't make a difference unless you're copying large files from one SSD to another.

thanks for that comment!!
so... GPU... that's a good idea but i wonder if i'll have problems connecting one to my current PC. i mean, the CPU is pretty old. what graphics card would you recommend me today?
(although i might actually wait as you stated as many others did that there will be a huge update on graphics card).

let's say that if i buy a GPU my budget would be about 400$?

thanks!

IIRC you have your CPU higher than stock, it's actually fine. When my machine was down for a couple of weeks I used a 940BE mated to one of my Titans and believe it or not it ran fine. The i5 750 is faster.

Is that 400 USD? You have your location as Israel. 400 will buy you a 980 here.

Yes, Pascal is bringing a good bump in performance as well as 2 new memory standards which is due sometime near the end of summer.

IIRC you have your CPU higher than stock, it's actually fine. When my machine was down for a couple of weeks I used a 940BE mated to one of my Titans and believe it or not it ran fine. The i5 750 is faster.

Is that 400 USD? You have your location as Israel. 400 will buy you a 980 here.

Yes, Pascal is bringing a good bump in performance as well as 2 new memory standards which is due sometime near the end of summer.

understood.
but to be truthful, i'm pretty sure that pascal serious is going to be pretty stiff in terms of price and as I know myself - I might be a gamer but I ain't 800-1000$-GPU kind of gamer.
BUT... will that make the other cards like the 980\970 cheaper? can I expect something like that?
p.s - when will it come out?

thanks again!

GP104 will be the midrange chip ala the usual release schedule Nvidia has been pulling.

AKA 980 before 980ti/TitanX
680 before 780/titan/780ti.

That being said, it should be a 500 dollar card, possibly 600. WIll it make other cards cheaper? If the past is to be of any help, the answer is no. Not for a while anyways.

Like I said, should be end of summer.

Back
Top Bottom