Stupid Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

shibbi

Baseband Member
Hi, everytime i switch on my computer, an error comes up saying "Value creation failed " at line 45" which i have to click away a couple of times before i acctually get to the logon screen. Same thing happens when i log off. I also cant shut-down my computer properly (which might have something to do with it (and i think it does)), everytime im not using my computer anymore i have to switch it off by the button, which is stupid. Ive attached a picture of the error i get if that'll help anyone any further! So i hope sum1 can help me... thats it.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 38
first, what OS? need a couple details about what you're running, and i'll research it as best i can. Anyone else got any ideas?

and Welcome to TF!

no, its not a mac, just a theme, and thanks for the welcome. My System Specs are:

Windows XP (sp2)
Pentium 4 / 2.8GHz
512mb Ram
GeForce 4 MX 64mb

nah, thats xp.....
"Value creation failed" or "Windows product activation" Messages During Windows XP Startup

When Microsoft® Windows® XP is logging into the desktop, one or more of the following messages may appear:

* Your system is low on virtual memory. Windows is increasing the size of your virtual memory paging file. During this process, memory requests for some applications may be denied.
* Windows product activation: A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for this computer
* Parser message: Value creation failed at line 422

If the computer successfully logs in, the computer may run extremely slow.

Cause: This issue appears to be caused by Spyware/Adware installed on the computer; however no specific program has been identified as the root cause at this time.

ok, nice theme by the way... what are you using for themes?
i'll look it up see if i can find anything

guess what i found... it may have something to do with themes...
found a few reports pointing that this error is just what Jack said, but also been known to happen due to "bad themes"

also saw reports that a missing file has caused this...
Run a search for "Shellstyle".
If ShellStyle.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom