WTF: Is this correct what I'm seeing hear with PIA.com ..

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I've been doing a load of research and am I correct in think PIA.com uses Black listed IP addresses. Hence that's the god damn reason I cant torrent. I've been at this for two days solid and my *** is killing me from being so numb. I can't get the torrent service up and running threw the Netherlands, Denmark or France.

I've been reading they use different ranges of IP Addresses and their are entire lists of them being blocked.

PIA and TORGuard dealing with the fallout of blocking IP Address Ranges from Companys like NetFlix ECT:

So basically I can't torrent at all with PIA from what I can tell.

Never had issues using PIA with any tracker.

Media companies like Netflix and some sites, will look for known VPN IP ranges.

Never had issues using PIA with any tracker.

Media companies like Netflix and some sites, will look for known VPN IP ranges.

I'm using Linux MInt 17.1 Cinnamon 64 BIt. Could you advise carnage on what I'm doing wrong. I know your a windows Guru but I'm stumped on this. I've been at it for two solid day now going in too three and I think Its ether the IP Addresses or the Trackers.

There's nothing really I've configured with PIA. I ran with the defaults, and when I want to use it, I just right click the icon -> Connect and let it auto connect to a region near me (so I still have decent speed).

There's nothing really I've configured with PIA. I ran with the defaults, and when I want to use it, I just right click the icon -> Connect and let it auto connect to a region near me (so I still have decent speed).

My entire connection is dropping. I'm able to connect fine threw the Servers ECT: anywhere in the world and browse as I should and can but as soon as I load up any torrent software and I'm presuming something to do with the IP addresses or Trackers, mabie a internal configuration issue on my end with my system. My whole internet connection is dropping and then I cant even browse the internet.

I found a web site called spamhaus project and thus I was given a list of banned IP address ranges from them. I presuming spammers have used PIA to do some sort of spamming and that's why Its being blocked.

I'm having to reset my connection, set it back up again. I posted on the Linux Mint Forums but didn't get a response back. Maybe this a problem for a lot of people I'm not sure but their is an article on PIA.com Forums about this and their have been a lot of people who have had the same issue.

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=218253&sid=953428a13abba7486a6f4a139fc63751

This is the guide I followed the other night for Mint 64 Bit to set up and install the Open VPN Software.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/discussion/18003/openvpn-step-by-step-setups-for-various-debian-based-linux-oss-with-videos-ubuntu-mint-debian

This is a main article on PIA Forums.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/discussion/2256/vpn-disconnects-whenever-i-start-torrenting

I'm really stuck with this issue.

Have you tried the several suggestions in the comments of the last link you posted?

Back
Top Bottom