hybrid build

well, i was just about to pace the order for the cpu, and one last question popped into my head. watts. i have noticed this for quite some time, and i know that it is not only how much energy it consumes, but also how much heat it generates. knowing that heat is the enemy, my question is, does that effect how fast the processor is? is there any reason i would want a processor that generates more heat for the same speed?

well, a new i5 6500 is on its way from Newegg. next month will come the motherboard and memory. unless i have success selling something from the garage first. that would give this a good shot in the arm. now i just have to figure out what i no longer want collecting dust.

i was just back at the Intel ARK website. and just noticed something, that i should have asked before. what is an "embedded" cpu? and how does it differ than a non embedded one?

well, i am confused. at the Intel ARK 6th generation i5 web page, they have different headers at the top of the specs. and under "embedded", is the i5 6500. do they maybe make a version that is made to be soldered directly to a board? just below that is an i5 6500TE, and with different naming, i would expect something to be different about it. but when you have the same identification on a processor, at least to me, it looks like the same processor.

I just answered all your questions and typed a lot then went to reply and TF connection reset. I don't feel like typing all that back up, so all I'll say right now is don't worry about it to both threads.

Back
Top Bottom