Need input on partial builds. HIGH END.

If you're going with only one card then I'd say go with an i7 6700k and a good board. The only reason you'd need more than 4 cores is if you plan to render or transcode video. Streaming will be taken care of by the GPU.

If you already have the SSDs then no point discussing it, but that article is 3 years old. We have M.2 SSDs that do way more than SATA 3 RAID can do, not to mention the diminishing returns I mentioned before. They are also using a dedicated RAID controller and the sequentials aren't even close to the 950pro (with 6 drives even). If you're using onboard the speeds will be slower.

If you're going with only one card then I'd say go with an i7 6700k and a good board. The only reason you'd need more than 4 cores is if you plan to render or transcode video. Streaming will be taken care of by the GPU.

If you already have the SSDs then no point discussing it, but that article is 3 years old. We have M.2 SSDs that do way more than SATA 3 RAID can do, not to mention the diminishing returns I mentioned before. They are also using a dedicated RAID controller and the sequentials aren't even close to the 950pro (with 6 drives even). If you're using onboard the speeds will be slower.

Okay so 6700k for CPU, seems good. CPU Speed > Core Count.
I'll post a makeshift build and have you OK it, if that's alright.

As for the SSDs, I do have them already and I'm very happy with their speed in quad raid setup. I might go for the M.2 later down the road, but really happy with them now.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom