Full upgrade or find a new Motherboard?

Koteric

Beta member
I have a micro atx mb currently with a rear exhaust model 770gtx. I also have a fusion io IOfx2 pcie drive. I was gifted a 980 gtx, however it is not a rear exhaust model.

So it will be blowing right on top of my fusion drive due to the motherboards size.

Obviously I would like to use the new gfx card. It seems difficult to get 1155 motherboards now.

I was thinking of doing a full upgrade, but thats obviously a lot more expensive than finding an atx 1155.

Any help is appreciated.

I forgot to mention the 770 i have is a reference card. Am i wrong that they exhaust out the back?

The 980 i got is a gigabyte windforce, and those vent facing the bottom of the case. In my situation would be venting right on gop of the fusion card no?

Maybe i did not explain well.

The opposite, you didn't understand what I said.

Yes, reference blowers blow out of the case. That is why I prefer them over AIB solutions.

Aftermarket heatsink fans blow towards (inwards) the heatsink, not outward. If anything your I/O drive would catch updraft from the fans of the GPU, not have heat blown on it. THe 980 also puts out less heat than a 770.

I apologize that I'm misunderstanding.

But on the Windforce, are the fans not pointing straight down in the case to exhaust towards the bottom?

Here is a picture of how close the Fusion Drive and the reference 770 are currently. Will putting the windforce not blow all the hot air right on top of the Drive?

here is a picture for reference how close the GPU and the Fusion Drive are. There is only one PCIE 16x and 1x.

YXtfDJ3.jpg

The fans blow IN. As in, the wind gets pulled from the case, pushed through the heatsink towards the card, and back into the case. They do not blow out.

Gigabyte_Windforce_Technology.jpg

Oh thanks a lot. I had no idea that was how it exhausted. Nice to know I don't need to upgrade anything at the moment in order to use it.

Back
Top Bottom