do you hackers really just hack anyone who does not suit your fancy?

phase3.1

Beta member
hi,
new member here. i am not a techie or versed in tech at all, whatsoever. just a plain ol user. but. and that should be in all caps, but i keep getting hacked, accounts suspended and 'reported' for plain commenting in comment sections. clearly, those people who keep doing this are from or of the tech communities. and so, are probably very versed in using learned coding or programming to undermine my basic freedom of speech. but because they disapprove of my freedom of speech, will incessantly get my accounts deleted, hacked, removed, disabled. as much as i understand the desire to demonstrate all the tech prowess you people have, i really do not appreciate being brutally silenced by 'your peers' in this way. so i am trying to find out what a good measure is to keep these types of malicious programmers at bay. if you have any ideas, that is. because this is slowly becoming too much for me.
they may not mean anything to versed techs, but being removed from facebook, istagram, youtube being blocked (way back when..) and not being able to access my pool of information is really oppressive.

Last edited:
I would venture to say that it is highly unlikely you are being "hacked" as much as somebody that you may have pissed off (whether you know them or not) is simply reporting your accounts for any reason that they can to get it suspended or banned. This is more social engineering and usually somebody being a jerk rather than being hacked. Just my two cents on the subject.

why would there be so many people in this field who are not just plain users, that much is pretty clear, who are abundantly equipped with this power? i find that a bit irresponsible. i doubt that these instances are just some other commenter user who 'does not like my opinion' and reports me. maybe i am not all to familiar with the core definition of hacking, but what is going on is clearly not coming from another plain user like myself. a plain user would just block or ignore my posts. that is not what is happening. so from there i can only conclude it is not a plain user effort. to me, anyone who accesses the technical platform to obstruct my access is a 'hacker'. but as i said, i am no expert. thanks for replying, btw. appreciated.

I think there are different degrees of "plain user" at work here. Older generations that haven't had the experience and the exposure to technology are at a much more basic level of technology than the younger generation who is growing up surrounded by it. Kids are calling the cops saying there is a hostage situation when they get pissed off in a video game, and they are just kids who are familiar with the technology (known as swatting). So, it just depends on who it is.

What I would recommend is that you contact the company/owner of whatever you are getting banned from and find out the reason that you are being suspended. Once you figure out why you're being banned, we'll know if you're actually being hacked. If it's because you posted something on a site that you clearly DIDN'T post yourself, then your account is being used. If it's something you DID type, then you're being reported. There's a difference.

Also, 9 times out of 10, these kinds of people that are doing this stuff aren't actually all that technically proficient. They usually just see tools that were already created by people around them and use them (tons of tutorials online on how to use them and such). They don't have to know anything about tech, programming, security, etc. They just open up the program and go.

But it doesn't really sound like you're dealing with that - sounds like you're just dealing with trolls who are reporting your comments / profiles.

thanks people. not that it changed anything. but at least now i have a bit better of an idea of what to do (i.e. 'nothing'. :lol: . appreciated.

thanks people. not that it changed anything. but at least now i have a bit better of an idea of what to do (i.e. 'nothing'. :lol: . appreciated.

Well, you can actually do something about it. Like I said, reach out to the company or website where you're having the problem and find out what the issue is. Once you know, you can tell them that somebody keeps doing that to you to be a pain in the butt and they may very well have a way to stop that person from harassing you in that manner.

If you get a "your post has been reported" message, just means someone has reported it - usually because your post is breaking the site rules somehow, but sometimes just because they don't like you and are trying to be jerks :/

If it's removed, then one of the site mods/admins obviously agrees that the post doesn't follow the site rules. If that happens, I suggest you either reread the site rules, or contact an admin and ask for clarification.

If it's not removed, then don't sweat it - whoever's in charge clearly thought that your post was just fine and didn't need reporting.

Back
Top Bottom