3 sandisk ultra 2 in raid 0

Lonewolf5460

Fully Optimized
Ok i was getting 500mbs with one ssd with 2 I saw 1000mbs. I sprung for a 3rd one hoping to get intel 750 series speeds but I am getting 1198mbs read and 1229 write what gives? Any idea on what my bottle neck is? If i cant figure it out anyone local wants to trade me for a video card?

I wouldn't expect performance to increase linearly to be honest, other factors will come into play. E.g. what raid controller are you using?

I wouldn't expect performance to increase linearly to be honest, other factors will come into play. E.g. what raid controller are you using?

The one on the board it was told on linus tech tips forum i would need a dedicated raid card because it does scale pretty much linearly. In that cas I am just going to trade it for ram or a gpu.

You're not going to get 750 performance with 3 SATA SSD in RAID. The performance comes from IOPS, not sequential speeds. Also, you won't see a difference either. Memory bandwidth isn't high enough on AMD platform to really benefit from a speedy OS being driven by a PCI-E NVMe SSD, and the SATA solution on motherboard RAID won't come close.

Back
Top Bottom