Need Help with Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

ender2001

Solid State Member
Dear Board,

I am new and need some help from your expertise.
I recently upgraded the bios for my Intel desktop board using Intel's express update.exe utility which reboots and updates the bios. On reboot it displayed the prompt
"IMPORTANT: Your fan speed settings have been changed,
please shut down and disconnect the power cord. Wait
at least 30 seconds or the changes will not take
effect!". I followed these instructions and the update was
successful. But later I noticed that the new Intel
logo flickered on startup so decided to reinstall the
update. This time when I downloaded the express utility to my HD
I rebooted my pc first in order to save my current bios settings without knowing that the utility updates the bios automatically on
reboot without user input from windows so when the prompt appeared telling me to power down and wair 30 secs, thinking its a glitch, I ignored it and pressed reboot. Now whenever I run the
update it will no longer display the message prompt. I have tried downgrading my bios and upgrading it again but no matter what it will not display the prompt resetting my cpu fan speed settings
I am wondering if there is anyway I can completly reset the bios and ensure that my cpu fan settings are right. Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ender.

Please post your MB type and also what cpu are you running. One last question..is your fan control lead plugged into the proper pins on the motherboard. Example I have an Intel D875PBZ and the cpu fan monitor pins are marked and I have the leads plugged in there.

Bios

I have an intel desktop board D850EMV2 http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d850emv2/. I have a techie toyz heatsink/fan on on automatic speed control, sensor attaches to copper plate and connects to connector wire on the heatsink. The only lead that actually connects to the motherboard is the power. Im not sure why after the second install bios no longer resets the fan speed settings.

ender2001-The bois has a place where fan monitoring and voltage monitoring is turned on or off. Your not using a standard intel heatsink/fan product so these limits on fans and cooling temp may not apply and seems to me could be turned off in the bios. Intel has a monitoring software program called intel active monitor that for their product when plugged into the cpu 3 pin fan pwr and monitor plug will display temp and voltages.
Your using a different setup for cooling so the program in that respect will not apply to your board. I went up on the Intel site and checked your board setup and its much like mine for monitoring.
I would go to the bios and shut off the cooling part as it may not apply to your situation.

Bios Options

Hi Marvel,

Thanks for replying, the Intel bios does not appear to have custum fan speed options. I when I downgrade it is not completly resetting the bios. Thanks everyone for the advice, if you think of something pls let me know.

Ender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom