Newb with questions on first build

I just received my i5, however I'm thinking of sending it back and getting the i7 4790k Devil's Canyon. what do you think? I tend to be impulsive...

Update: I bought the i7. I'm not even sure I can send the i5 back yet. Did I say I'm impulsive?

Update 2: Jesus I need help. I found another i7 on a different site for 310 instead of the 340 I paid. I already have one processor I don't need and have to send back. If I order this one I'll have 3 with two I don't need with one of those not even through processing yet. Would it be worth even ordering at this point with what I'll pay in return and shipping fees? Maybe I have ADD. Queue AWOLnation

Last edited:
Well...I can't return the i5. Should I try to sell it for $200 shipped or keep it and send the i7 back?

I bought it after talking to a friend that's more knowledgeable than I am. He recommended it for editing and future-proofing for a while.

Last edited:
As I mentioned before, the GPU will help with time scrubbing. The i5 is sufficient enough for rendering video. Having HT will not futureproof at the cost of an extra 100, and games don't utilize HT. The only difference between the i5 and i7 is HT.

BTW I saw where you said you wanted an i7 980x. I saw one while I was searching for $315 used on ebay.

Back
Top Bottom