whats wrong with my pc?

Are you able to boot into the system still? If so, please run a disk check by doing the following:

Start -> type 'cmd' (without quotes) -> right click -> run as admin -> in the console window that pops up type:
chkdsk C: /f /r
Press Enter and it will say it cannot lock the current drive and to run on next reboot. Type Y and hit Enter -> Reboot your computer and let it run through the check (it may take some time, depending on how big your HDD is).

i will try this if i can get it to work long enough to do it.

while waiting for post to figure out further, i ran hardware diognostics tool. said no errors were found. my anti virus out of date but im sure its not a virus or at least not one i know of if it is one? while trying to boot up the screen said its reccomended to use system restore to earlier point in time. ive seen this twice now & have done that twice but still a problem. nothing fixed or changed by doing it. hp health check found no errors.

Try System File Checker. https://neosmart.net/wiki/sfc/

If you have a desktop computer you can try installing the hard drive from the laptop into it as a secondary drive and scanning it for anything and everything. I have had to do this several times for various computers. An external dock is super handy for this very reason.

Back
Top Bottom