free av software battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tried avg, its not bad at all. it has alot of frequent updates compared to norton, but its small size makes it quick downloads for me. i've never really had a problem with viruses. but we'll see what this one does if i ever get one.

AVG is poor in my opinion, it never seemed to update properply, it detected a virus,told me to do a scan and never found it. and the other day i got a virus which messed up my pc resulting in a "format the hd". now im usin avast and i find it to be excellent, i think its got a im[MSN...] scanner . It also looks much better then avg and has alot of skins.

i have had only one virus in my life. thats was in the late 99 when i was using pc-cillin. i've only been using avg about a month, and i like the fact that it doesn't hog my resources like norton does. but there are alot of things norton have that avg doesn't, which is why i'm thinking of switching back to norton.

southernlady i think your post earlier in this thread is making me think twice. but i almost never have virus problems. but we'll c.

I use to LOVE Norton, til this past year when it started clogging up my computer and couldn't use the Live Update (2004). Tried to uninstall and go back to 2003 and couldn't. Then I tried to reinstall and couldn't. Had to reformat...when I did that, I put 2003 on and then Live Update stopped working on it, cause of a mix up between it and the 2004 Live Update. So I uninstalled it, thankfully got it all off, but had to do a regedit to do it.

Then I tried some of the others before I found out about AVG Free, unfortunately. Liz

Why do looks matter?

AVG has the option to delete a virus upon deletion, you press the 'Delete' button.

I find with AVG, that i never have to scan. The on-demand scanner takes care of everything. EVERY file i have on my computer is scanned automatically before being accessed.

AVG is free, if you want to pay for something that will do exactly the same job, but looks 'better', thats entirely up to you.

I've been with AVG since day 1, and have never found a flaw with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom