Disabling onboard Video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atd332

Baseband Member
Hey i have an integrated intel extreme graphics card on my other computer of my parents. I was going to install my old fx5200 into it. THe first thing i need to do is find out how to disable the onboard video. There are a few settings in BIOS i found and i know it has to be one of them. There was an Onboard 1395 and it gave me the options of enabling or disabling it, and it was currently enabled. Another thing i found was Onboard video memory with a few different sizes ranging from 1mb to 32mb. That was set to 8mb but i changed it to 32mb. Is that the size of the video memory that i can use? because that integrated card is a 64mb so shouldnt it give me the option of 64mb? And the other setting i found which i thought might be it is the Primary Video adapter and it gave me the options of Pci or Agp/Onboard and it was currently set to Pci. So if i want to disbale the onboard video, what settings do i change? Thanks alot.

Also, if my video is currently set to PCI and it is an Onboard, then how come it gives me the option of Agp/onboard instead of saying Pci/Onboard? Thanks. Id love to find out how to disable that dang onboard thing. Thanks alot.:D

This all depends on the motherboard. I've had boards that if you stick in a card it automatically disables the onboard video. But before you do this you must uninstall the old card. I assume windows is the OS here. So uninstall the old onboard crap first then power down. Install new card then power up and install software for new card.
1395 sounds like firewire...leave it.

You want to disable the onboard video and set primary video adapter to AGP.I think the 1359 is audio.Ill check it out more and check back.Even if you just disable it and it is sound you can just go back into bios and re enable it.

1395 is IEEE firewire port. This motherboard has onboard firewire. Leave it as enabled.
More info on the motherbaord is needed for disabling onboard video.

Asus does not list this board in their support. Is this a retail PC? Meaning bought at a retail outlet? Or a "built PC"?

simply place the new graphics card in and then plug the monitor into it!!!! Boot up and it shud boot to it!!!! I posted a thread a while back askin this, well anyway i got nowhere so i simply just tryed it and it worked!!!!!! then install drivers and ur off!!!! If it dont boot from graphics CARD, replug the monitor into the onboard video and go into bios and simply tell it to boot vga from agp!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom