free av software battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
alrighty guys, i would like to know your free av software of choice and why, be it easy installation, hassle free updates, ease of use, whatever! i'm just sick of McAfee messing up my computer!

i just reinstalled windows on my AMD computer and need antivirus, i already have zonealarm for firewall and i'm going to get spybot and adaware after the XP updates are done.

no one wants to compare AVG to Avast or Panda? is panda even free? LOL. i tried AVG once and it did find the virus' but it could not get rid of them even with a safemode scan.

avg also has boot scan and e-mail scan and it never had any problem removing them for me :)

Zimon

Avast and I will tell you WHY I don't use AVG anymore.

I use to use it until I managed to get a virus on my computer, somehow. It *healed* it but what I didn't know cause it was the FREE version was that it was a boot sector virus and every time I rebooted, I reinfected myself.

AVG Free doesn't tell you WHICH virus it is, just that it's healed it...well healing it doesn't DELETE it, it just quarantines it. If the virus is in your boot sector, putting it in quarantine doesn't do squat!

Avast, on the other hand, allows you the option of DELETING virii!

I know that from now on, when we build a computer for someone, we will be putting Avast on it and not AVG. Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom