New build

Well, he is still having some issues. Namely crashes when playing a game that is pretty demanding-- so without a doubt he did damage that 290 with the old setup or it is just faulty to begin with. The GPU is running hot and the fans are running maxed out. I tried to tell him to buy a new 970. Can he wreck the new PSU or anything else with the GPU he is using?

Had him turn up the fans using AMD's catalyst software for the fan profile and that seems to help a bit.

According to him - they were- but I don't think they were - or at least not until the temps were too high already. All I suggested is he set the profile differently and later on he told me that it seemed to help. Maybe a coincidence.

Just to stay cool AMD cards need to run with high fan off the bat or else it'll overheat when you put a load on them. That's why when you said all fans 100 I assumed GPU fan was maxed already.

yep- by mistake. That is what I thought he said as well. I think he was just saying that he could hear fans running at high levels. I also don't know what "helping a bit" means either.

Back
Top Bottom