maxxx6969

Baseband Member
hey guys, im interesting in getting this comp, its got an
AMD 64 processor
1024 MB ddr ram memory
200 gig HD
9-in-1 memory card reader
double layer DVD+RW drive
its 2.2 ghz though (a little slow for so much other stuff)

all im wondering is about 3 questions

1. I heard HP are very bad with upgrading because they make thier own parts, i wanna be able to upgrade in the future.

2. I need a comp for video editing (amaturish now and prof. in the future) is this comp good enough for this?

3. right now i wanna burn dvd's im assuming this is goood for that...

im pretty limited on time i might be going later tonight before they sell out on this modell, if n e one can help it would be greatly appriciated.

thank you.

first off 2.2 ghz is not slow for an AMD processor, being as the fastest stock is around 2.6ghz, its the architecture of the processor that negates the need for massive clock speeds... it should do fine for video editting...

however on the upgrade front you can heavily expect integrated graphics that will be horrible in any gaming environment, so if you plan to game hold off and learn to build your own comp over the next month and for the same price you should end up with a Much better computer in the end.

TRUE, HERES SOME MORE (MAYBE USEFULL INFO)

Video Memory - 128Mb SHARED
Graphics - SIS Mirage 2

SO ABOUT THE UPGRADING PART? IS HP HARD TO UPGRADE WITH LIKE IVE HEARD, OR IS IT AS EASY AS BUYING THE NEW PEICE YOU WANT (SAY A NEW VIDEO CARD BETTER THEN THE ONE I HAVE) AND REPLACING THE OLD ONE?

ALSO U SAID TO LEARN HOW TO BUILD IT ON MY OWN, HOW CAN I DO THIS, WHERE CAN I LEARN?

THANKS AGAIN

My suggestion would be call them and ask them if the motherboard in the computer has a AGP slot. I know that is how it is with some dells, so you can upgrade at lease some, but if there is a AGP slot, you'll have a solution on what card to after 6 hours of informing this forum of your budget.

And don't worry about the processer speed, you will be amazed.

Stay away from HP. Even if you do have an AGP slot, its likely that the PSU will be too small to support a new graphics card, and the SiS one that comes with it basically wont play any gamers. Secondly, the case will likely be built so that only the low-power PSU will fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom