Upgrading motherboard for gaming

DBrown51

Baseband Member
I'm looking to upgrade my motherboard to a gaming one. I'm looking for a motherboard with a LG1150 socket and takes DDR3 ram, does anyone have a recommendations?

Thanks in advance

I can game on it, gaming on it isn't the problem, the motherboard only has two PCI slots which my GPU is too big to fit anything else in the other PCI, the only slot that I can use is the mini PCIe slot. Also, it only has two Sata ports which are used. I want to add a SSD drive but I can't because the Satas are used. I say I want a gaming motherboard because I have looked at a few and they seem to fit what I want I just wanted some recommendations because there are some gamers here and I mostly use my PC for gaming.

Last edited:
AH the big thing on the gaming boards is the ability to over clock BUT you need the right CPU to be able to over clock and OCing isn't really needed with the current CPU's so just find one that has what you need and don't worry if it's got gaming stamped on the box, I'll do a little searching to see what I can find to fit what you want for a best prices I can find, I'll be back at my PC in a few so I'll do it then.

I forgot to mention the ram, mine only has two ram slots, I want to add more ram, can I do that with two slots even though they are used?

How much do you have, 8 is plenty but if you really want more you can get a 16 gig kit with 8 gig chips.
Not sure of your budget but not too bad of a price on this one.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130700

OH and Reckless, I'd LOVE to have that MSI Z97 board, perfect match for my ram and GPU, But then I'd need to get a window for the side of my case.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom