Current best place to buy PC parts?

1etherer

Fully Optimized
I'm not up-to-date with current online stores.

Can someone recommend the best online store to buy PC parts (I live in UK).

Going to build a new PC now (finally).

Also I cant decide on what type of tower to buy..
Looking for something with nice clear panel(s), LEDs (cant find a single one with changeable LEDs, e.g. switch from red to blue to green).

Or if you could also recommend a site with PC cases, I would appreciate it.

Cases like these below,
GALAXY III 3
CIT Vanquish
InWin GT1 ATX PC

Looking at getting this MB:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asus-Z97-...284358?hash=item4d35cfac86:g:wgoAAOSwDNdVtyjH
or
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASRock-Fa...265908?hash=item464362e734:g:p4gAAOSwd0BV4bYE
(unless somewhere can recommend different but has to be in same price range)

i5 4460 quad core 3.2GHz for around £150
(cant justify needing a i7 or spending the extra on it)

On my last thread, someone recommended a GPU but cant remember it.

Last edited:
Scan, ebuyer, amazon UK, ect.

If you're not buying a K series CPU then there's no reason to buy a Z97 board. I'd look at things that don't have "gaming" or "gamer" in the title because usually you're paying extra for nothing.

Scan, ebuyer, amazon UK, ect.

If you're not buying a K series CPU then there's no reason to buy a Z97 board. I'd look at things that don't have "gaming" or "gamer" in the title because usually you're paying extra for nothing.

Thanks for the advise. Im out of touch on different CPUs.

4670 and 4670k seem around the same price, whats the difference? overclocking?

So is the 4670 CPU not compatible with Z97? or just no point as it wont utilize the CPU unless its K series?

Ill try find the parts on scan or ebuyer, I do find scan quite expensive so thought there might be a better site.

Those are just etailers available for the UK. There's one more but I can't think of it right now.

K series processors have an unlocked multiplier for overclocking. Z series boards allow this to happen. H series boards offer the same features without the overclocking ability and 3/4 GPU configurations. There's no point in one without the other.

Those are just etailers available for the UK. There's one more but I can't think of it right now.

K series processors have an unlocked multiplier for overclocking. Z series boards allow this to happen. H series boards offer the same features without the overclocking ability and 3/4 GPU configurations. There's no point in one without the other.

Ok makes sense, Ill look for a H series board then.

Thank you

I always loved working with Newegg in the USA, I know they have a UK website as well. not always the lowest prices, but the best customer service and quality products I've ever dealt with.

I always loved working with Newegg in the USA, I know they have a UK website as well. not always the lowest prices, but the best customer service and quality products I've ever dealt with.

I like newegg as well. Been building my own systems since 1994 (more or less), and ever since I discovered newegg I've been pleased as punch. As Tahuhali said, their customer service is fantastic.

--Brad

I've been using New Egg for many years but recently they seem to have become more like Amazon, When buying you have to make sure it's there item your buying. Only once did I goof with that and it turned out it was a seller who ships from china and took 3 weeks to get to me but was purchased through the new egg site.

Back
Top Bottom