New Fast Stream PC

Daneel

Beta member
I'm going to build a PC to stream a live webcast across the globe.
It should be able to handle 175 people connecting.
I have a 27 inch touch screen LCD, webcam, keyboard and mouse already.

Already installed NETGEAR R8000-100NAS Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Wireless router with my modem.
( Have a AC USB Netgear adapter)

So far my idea is this.

Windows 10 Pro
EVGA 220-G2-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W ECO
SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
SAMSUNG SSD 850 PRO SSD 512
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB)
ASUS DVD/CD Drive
INTEL CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Intel Core i5-6500 6M Skylake Quad-Core 3.2 GHz
Bluetooth USB adapter for wireless headset.

It has felt to me the least vibrational noise is an ECO PSU that hardly ever would spin and the stock intel cooler unit.

Can you recommend a quality mobo (ATX mATX or ITX) and case for me to use?

If you have additional component setup ideas, let me know, do I love being able to expand and have a DVD/CD tray.

This ITX case is appealing though even though it has no DVD/CD space I could use external one.

EVGA Hadron Hydro Mini-ITX Chassis Black with 500W 80Plus Gold Power Supply (110-MW-1002-K1) - Newegg.com

Can you please recommend what, you would go with.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Are you only streaming audio?

You'll want the best connection from your PC to the net, so I wouldn't use a wireless device that could drop packets. The stock Intel cooler is also going to be 10x noisier than any PSU you can buy, and I don't really see the point of having 2 512GB SSDs in the system. Are you planning on storing a local recording of these streams?

Your internet upload speed will ultimately determine how well people can connect and how many people. On the flip side it also depends on if you're hosting yourself or using a streaming service. If you're using a streaming service basically all you'll need to do is upload a 3500Kb/s stream steady and be fine. If you're only doing audio it won't take that much.

The PSU in that Hadron has a tiny fan on it that is going to be noisy when it actually kicks in much like the Intel stock cooler. If you're not game streaming or streaming with Quicksync it shouldn't ramp up though.

My sense is the the EVGA Hadron case, would not ramp the fan speed, I've not heard a bad review toward the EVGA hadron fan being loud. I know some can really get noisy though.

I hope the fan would not ramp up for my workload. It's not game streaming, just a webinar hosting platform.

My current upload is 5 Mbps over AC wireless, which is the max the provided gives me right now.

I'm going to be recording the live video and audio to the local drive while broadcasting the stream to MP4.

Can you recommend a fresh build, that suites this application.

Any better ITX cases out there?

I could just do the m.2 512 and a WD Black 1 TB Drive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom