Where did these MS Office disk come from???

just saw Carnage's images, now i know

also, I got a disc labeled "Work Suite '99" isn't that like the MS Office before MS Office?

Last edited:
Yeah kinda.

I bough 13 0nline from M$. It just keeps updating itself. I have 3 separate licenses for 3 copies. 1 I gave to the hotel staff to use. The other 2 are for my personal use. I'm not big on Word but use Excel to make documents for the company to use. If we get the properties all on the same page it makes life simpler for the accountant.

The old stuff is cool but the current offerings are easier to use. Now in all fairness, it does take sitting down and dinking with it for a bit to find the handle. After that, piece of cake.

Microsoft Works is a discontinued office suite developed by Microsoft. Works was smaller, was less expensive, and has fewer features than Microsoft Office or other major office suites. Its core functionality includes a word processor, a spreadsheet and a database management system. Later versions have a calendar application and a dictionary while older releases included a terminal emulator. Works was available as a standalone program, and as part of a namesake home productivity suite. Because of its low cost ($40 retail, as low as $2 OEM),[1] companies frequently pre-installed Works on their low cost machines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Works

Back
Top Bottom