Building a Gaming computer

I need a disk drive to download windows 10. What model will I need to go with the components you already gave me?

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Put it on a flash drive.
We're having trouble with the Windows installer. He hits f11 and gets here.
f712b4a46eaef4fffc063162a6421e4a.jpg

But then it takes him here.

25c63fae427058c9e5c7f1bffcd2d25e.jpg

It shows the Windows is on his flash drive on the MacBook. What are we doing wrong?

6db48b806480309af47f4c820daede8c.jpg

You just have a raw ISO file on the drive so it won't boot to that. You need to use Microsoft's media creation tool or a Mac similar to make the drive bootable with the ISO.

You just have a raw ISO file on the drive so it won't boot to that. You need to use Microsoft's media creation tool or a Mac similar to make the drive bootable with the ISO.
I can't find clear instructions on doing this. Everything shows how to boot osx on a Mac or Windows from a pc. Do you know what we can use to make the usb on the Mac for Windows?

Ok I think we're giving up on this and buying an optical drive. Should Windows boot from the DVD if we go this route?

The command line has worked for me in the past. No dice? You can grab an external DVD drive from a local shop, install, then return it as a last resort. Once Windows is installed you can use Microsoft's media creation tool to create the USB install media and be done with it.

Back
Top Bottom