PC Keeps Freezing On Win 10?

zaka100

W͂Oͨ̍̍̒̈́͛̕
So i just got my ssd and i installed win10. I had win7 before on my old hdd. I have all my drivers installed and updated. Every ~40 minutes the computer freezes, video and sound. There is no blue screen so there are no dumps to check. This happened before when i ran win10 from my laptop hdd, i had the same problem then but i thought that it happened because of clashing drivers. Now ik its not that. Any reason why this is happening?

Note: My specs are in my sig

Did you do the in-place upgrade or a fresh install of 10?

Did you get your drivers from the component manufacturers' sites?

Checked Event Viewer?

Did you do the in-place upgrade or a fresh install of 10?

Did you get your drivers from the component manufacturers' sites?

Checked Event Viewer?

1) I did a fresh install.

2) They automatically installed through windows when i installed windows.

3) Never used that before :/

2) Get drivers from component manufacturers' sites manually
3) Guess it's time to start, eh? ;)

Ok, so i opened event viewer, What shall I do now? Dont understand what its saing :lol:

Im downloading chipset drivers now

Update: I think I found a reg fix. I'll tell u guys later if it works ;)

Last edited:
Update: So, that reg fix didn't work. I managed to use the computer for 2 hours until I played minecraft for like 5 mins then it crashed. So, I now assume it is a gpu driver error so I will try updating those.

Ok, so i opened event viewer, What shall I do now? Dont understand what its saing :lol:
You need to look at events around the time of your freezes. Look under the Windows -> System and Windows -> Applications log categories. Look for errors or warnings, and then click on them to read the summary of the error in the bottom panel, and see if it may relate to freezes you were experiencing.

Im downloading chipset drivers now
You need to get all drivers. Chipset, GPU, sound, network, Intel ME, etc. There shouldn't be any "?" in Device Manager.

Update: I think I found a reg fix. I'll tell u guys later if it works ;)

Reg fixes should be the last thing to do after doing the basic troubleshooting (installing drivers).

ok, so on event viewer it doesnt tell what actually froze my computer but it said that the computer was powered off unexpectedly.

Under the System section? Are there warnings or errors around it that talk about application or system hangs? What about under the Applications section?

Back
Top Bottom