[SOLVED] PCIe Drivers Broken

Spicy

In Runtime
=============SOLVED=================
(If anyone could tell me how to delete a thread that would be nice :p)

Hi,
I recently updated to windows 10 and the other day I bluescreened. My computer restarted and my Ethernet wasn't working. I found the problem was my Realtek PCIe Family controller drivers so I went and reinstalled them with 3DPnet. This worked for me but today as I booted my computer up again I bluescreened once more, the same problem. So I tried what I went through the other day but it did not work. I had uninstalled my drivers and cannot reinstall them. I went digging on the internet for the same drivers (or what I think were) from October 2015 (which is the one I had before) to install them. I tried this twice and still did not work. I am sat here with no Ethernet on my computer and drivers that don't work. Any solutions? Feel free to ask questions. Many thanks.

Last edited:
I advise against using any kind of 3rd party driver-updater software. I've only ever seen them cause issues.

Since you say you solved it...mind sharing what you did?

I advise against using any kind of 3rd party driver-updater software. I've only ever seen them cause issues.

Since you say you solved it...mind sharing what you did?

Well I found out it wasn't driver related at all, My Ethernet plug had a fault so I just switched it out for a spare one I had lying round and all good as new (I'm angry at myself that I spent 2 hours of pointlessly installing drivers without checking the plug). In regards to 3DPnet I spent about half an hour trawling websites just to check it was working and not dodgy and they all came back with positive reviews. I recommend it to someone needing to install drivers offline.

Good to hear it was a simple fix.

I still advise against driver-updater apps. Manually getting the drivers is much better, and more reliably get the latest driver version directly from the component manufacturer's site.

I still advise against driver-updater apps. Manually getting the drivers is much better, and more reliably get the latest driver version directly from the component manufacturer's site.

1+ I wont recommend anyone using 3rd part driver software... and take carnages advise, go to direct source

On the second run of me reinstalling drivers I did download drivers directly from Realtek if that makes you feel better :)

Back
Top Bottom