Newbi to all this but need help

funkoligy

Baseband Member
I have a system rampage 3 gene motherboard and geforce 730 4gb graphic card when i boot my system running windows 7 64bit i keep getting a red Warning message "DRAM Bus Voltage 1.356" what does this mean and can i do damage to board i also do not want to overclock cpu i7 950. Any help please thanks in advance

What is the normal operating voltage for the ram you have installed? Matter of fact would you post brand name and model of the ram you have?

Hi thanks for the reply here is ram spec: 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3-1333 PC3-10600R ECC Registered CL9 240-pin DIMM Memory(RAM)

In Bios i have DRAM Freq set to DDR3-1333MHz

I am also trying to upgrade the bios to latest driver,but its usually a .exe file this is a .rom file i have found the facility in bios to update but my lack of knowledge i cant seem to get it to install

Last edited:
^ Brand and model would be more helpful.

Or you can remove the RAM and physically look at the label to see what the normal voltage is for your stick(s).

You shouldn't be running ECC RAM in a system without having a Xeon. Your RAM will be 1.5v or 1.65v. You won't damage your system, it'll just be unstable. You need to read up and understand the basic fundamentals of your system before you attempt overclocking. You'll also need a good cooler.

You shouldn't be running ECC RAM in a system without having a Xeon. Your RAM will be 1.5v or 1.65v. You won't damage your system, it'll just be unstable. You need to read up and understand the basic fundamentals of your system before you attempt overclocking. You'll also need a good cooler.

No i dont want to overclock at all i just want to have it running smooth when i got the system this ECC memory was in it so maybe it was originally wrong ?

Your pic didn't show because you don't have enough posts yet.

Please post the brand name and the model you have.

Sorry I misread that, I thought it said you wanted to overclock.

Just set your RAM voltage to 1.5v and see what it does. Most all ECC DDR3 is 1.5v.

Back
Top Bottom