Upgrading i think some advice please

funkoligy

Baseband Member
Hi First im not a Gamer all do i enjoy and use Gaming machines. Im more Graphics department. i have been using a Dell XPS 435MT i7 920 for a few years now and i have the chance to upgrade Asus republic of gaming with Rampage III Gene with i7-950 and Ge force 730 4gb Graphic card. Is this a good move:)

Very little lets say i got this very cheap total upgrade €320 i have tested everything and all is good. I will be taking all Hard drive from Dell so no cost there im using 2 x 2tb nas red drives and OS will be running from 2tb SSHD drive for boot up speed. 14GB memory. Oh im also replacing standard sata cables with sata 3 cables will i see much speed up here also ?
It also have a Antec TP-750 watt power supply will this be ok
So many questions i know but thanks in advance for help ppl.

Last edited:
Nah, that's a rip off. For the money you could upgrade your core components to something actually better rather than side grading your current setup.

All SATA cables are created equally. You won't see a difference.

Thanks PP Mguire . But is it even a fraction better than the dell ? and what do you suggest would be better

Last edited:
One more question as your suggesting a fresh build what tower would you recommend i need space as i will have 4x hard drives and would need to have 3 to 4 front drive bays, This would need to match your board spec.Thanks again PP Mguire

I was under the impression that you were taking the current stuff out of your Dell to put into the parts you bought used. Did you buy these other parts already?

Hi i have the tower which the parts came in so its a bare bones system .Rampage III gene and chip with power supply plus 6gb memory i can do up and sell on im in 2 minds

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom