Building a Gaming computer

What about something relatively cheap like this?

Amazon.com: EVGA GeForce GTX 750Ti SC 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card: Computers & Accessories

Also would he be better off with a cpu without on board graphics if he uses a dedicated gpu?
That's over budget but that'd be fine.

The only 1150 chips without onboard graphics are special expensive variants and Xeons. The IGP could possibly help with Quicksync if needed. Otherwise with a dedicated card in the machine it would be disabled anyways.

Either way would he be able to hit 1080p and 60fps with the recording?

OP isn't recording PC games - he's recording games from console through a capture card, onto the computer.

See below:
Yes, I want to record gameplay from my console using my computer because it gives better video quality, from what I heard. As of right now no I don't want to record gameplay of me playing on the PC. Just the consoles. I just want the best quality for my videos.

I know he was having issues with his macbook. Whenever he bumped the resolution from 720p to 1080 he said his macbook would freeze.

That's more than likely going to be software related as the Mac software might not be as good as the Windows variant, or it was freezing because it couldn't write fast enough. All work should be done on the capture device itself rather than the PC so all the PC would be doing is taking the data being given and storing it. When you add OBS in the mix to add the cam it would take CPU power too but nothing a Mac shouldn't able to handle unless it's really old. Another thing to consider with OBS is the Windows version is a lot more mature than the OSX version.

Back
Top Bottom