Upgrading to GTX 970 Mini, need info plz!

I've messed around with the channels, switching them around but doesn't seem to be effective.

Question about channels though. Do I want my Modem, Router, and extender all on the same channel? or seperate channels? They were on 11, i moved them to 1 and 3 and 6. Each time nothing much happened.

Edit: My extender just goes to what ever channel the router is set to.

Well i tried everything I could and nothing worked. So I went out and bought one of those USB wifi adapters. Tiny little thing haha not even an inch long. $37 CDN, Startech 2T2R 300Mbps usb wifi adapter. Plugged it in and in instantly worked. I can read all the networks I used to see and everything works fine. When i switch back to my onboard wifi, it doesn't see ****. Then switch back to the Wifi 2, which is the Startech USB adapter, and all things work fine.

I don't understand why the range on my onboard wifi is practically zero now but, with my new usb thing it all works fine. Thanks for everyone's time and input on this thread :)

But the on board wifi works if I'm set up closer to the router or extender, in the other building. Works just fine there. As well the ethernet port works just fine too. Before the graphics upgrade it worked just fine out here in my cabin. After the upgrade nope, range super cut.

Dumb question, but did you double and triple check the tiny antenna wire connections on the wireless to make sure they're completely connected and on the proper ports? I had this issue with my laptop after I upgraded the wifi only to realize one of the ends came off just slightly. I taped them on there.

Back
Top Bottom