Building a Gaming computer

TeeBonez

Solid State Member
I just recently started a YouTube channel and need a computer that will be able to run a gaming card program and OBS (Open Broadcast Software) while running my game at its max setting. I heard that its is cheaper to build it. I don't know very much about computers but I do know that my MacBook isn't cutting it. I have budget of $700. Is it possible to build a computer that would be able to meet all of my needs to run these programs? I currently have no items to build a computer. Please, can anyone lead me in the right direction? Thanks

I already have the elgato video game capture card. I have a monitor and a tv. I just need the computer that would help me run thesee programs at the same time. And I might be confused but are you talking about the video card in the computer?

Yea I eventually want to be able to stream from the PC. As of right now I'm streaming from the console. I want to be able to save my videos with a facecam. The elgato doesn't save videos with a face cam, but OBS does. It's crazy. And OBS can save videos from the facecam.

Ok you're not making much sense and need to make up your mind. Let me clarify.

First you said you wanted to make Youtube videos, your thread title states gaming computer, and need a 'gaming card' that can run titles at max settings.

Your post above says this "Yea I eventually want to be able to stream from the PC. As of right now I'm streaming from the console.", but now you said you only want to save videos while my original question was never really answered.

So, will you be GAMING on the PC, as in playing PC games, or only console and using the PC to save your videos or stream? The latter makes a huge difference because if you won't be playing actual PC games on this computer you won't need a high end video card meaning your budget will be fine.

Edit: I also think terminology here isn't fully understood.

Capture Card: The Elgato device used to input video from consoles to record or stream
Video card / GPU: The graphics card inside the computer.
Stream: Stream to a service like Twitch or Youtube
Record: Capture and save gaming footage to your drive (which can be done while streaming)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom