CPU Thermal Throttling?

Then the ramping up means the CPU temps are controlling the speed of the fan and the pump. You need to get the pump on direct power to the PSU and plug the H55 fan into the CPU fan header.

If you're getting around 35FPS in the physics test then it means the CPU is working properly. Just need to get your pump and fan setup properly and you should be fine.

Look at the Coretemp screen a few posts lower, max temp is 69c on the hottest core. This is why I tell people to always use Coretemp as to not get improper readings on Intel based rigs. On HWMon if you look at the actual CPU readings the hottest temp is 66c.

Then the ramping up means the CPU temps are controlling the speed of the fan and the pump. You need to get the pump on direct power to the PSU and plug the H55 fan into the CPU fan header.

If you're getting around 35FPS in the physics test then it means the CPU is working properly. Just need to get your pump and fan setup properly and you should be fine.

I will change things around this evening as per your suggestions above and let you know the results.
Thanks

I would also try to set the fan setting to something that stays solid like a "silent" setting or something. Idk your exact board so can't make bios suggestions.

I tried switching the power to pump to the PSU and kept the H55 fan on MB header plus set fans to silent in BIOS but still no joy - CPU is running at 100% in cycles though.

Its looking like something is wrong with hardware here. I will have time tomorrow evening to reinstall the cooler to make sure its correct. Failing that does anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• Temps 18-01.PNG
    Temps 18-01.PNG
    75 KB · Views: 1
That is from Heavyload, Prime95 and Handbrake (I ran all 3 again to be sure).
Do you recommend anything else to test / show results?

Try splitting the graph display to show individual / logical cores, rather than summary view. Could be that those applications aren't spinning up enough threads maybe, and thus showing the weird view?

Use MSI Afterburner and its OSD to see if the CPU usage fluctuates during the physics test in Firestrike too. If it stays at 80+% then it has to do with your loading programs or task manager incorrectly reporting usage. Not likely but we'll see. Did you remount already?

Back
Top Bottom