delete, or not

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
so this morning, i was running CCleaner, and decided to go thru all of its options. this is the first time i have done that, despite using it for years. anyway, i was in the "tools" section, trying to find ways to make this ancient old computer at least as fast as a turtle. i came across one section for Google Chrome browser, and everything listed in there (and there is a lot) was in full operational mode. the thing is, i removed Google Chrome from this years ago. i tried to just disable the first few, but it would not let me just disable them. so, should i just leave them alone, or should i delete everything in this section? will that effect my IE or Firefox?

also, the "games" that came preinstalled on this computer, i only use 2 of them (paint & solitaire). can the rest of them be removed without hurting the rest of the system? to me, all they do is slow down all the scans i do. i still have about 1/2 of the hard drive open. so i am not looking for space. just trying to speed everything along as much as i can.

go into your control panel, click Programs and Features, uninstall the games and software you do not want, Do not uninstall any drivers. If your not sure of which programs are safe you can use Pacs Portal to see if you need to keep it
http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_browse.php

This is a start list but you'll be able to find out what software you can keep and uninstall

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom