Display Shuttering/Flickering then goes black

Burchbrother

Beta member
So i recently have had some issues with my display. My old GPU was a Radeon 6870. I was playing some newer games, and I noticed it was starting to struggle. Then, the shuttering and flickering of my display started. Occasionally my screen would blink to a black screen then come back on. after about a day of this, it started to full blown crash my PC. i would reboot to find no error messages or reports.

I assumed my GPU was just getting old so i purchased a R9 390. (i plan on building a whole new rig soon). i booted up the PC with no problems. I installed the drivers as necessary and waited for the PC to idle. After about 10 minutes. it immediately started shuttering and flickering. ****ing hell. It no longer crashes but if i play a game, it flickers then sometimes goes completely black.

the PSU is a thermaltake toughpower 850W gold, and the monitor is a ASUS 24" LCD generic thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If it's possible, use another monitor and see if this issue is still there, that way you can rule out the monitor.

Monitors are much cheaper today, so replacing it with a better/newer one would be a good option

I will try another monitor when i get out of work. I'm hoping this is the issue because that would mean my other GPU may still work. Thanks will update later

Back
Top Bottom