970 worth aio watercooling?

ckop11

In Runtime
When I upgraded my system I had the cash n thought it would be aweson in it.. plus a 360 rad. I did not want to install it right away n void the gpu Warrenty until I knew it would last.. it's a msi 970 froz 3 fan. Would it benefit me?

yeah its worth it. keeps your card cooler and don't have to worry about over heating when you oc it. i currently have a custom loop on my card but i was going to go aio hydro. just be careful about the warranty tho. good thing about evga cards and cards straight from nvidia, they don't put a sticker on the screw so you can do as you please lol.

i would listen to PP only reason i said yeah is cuz i was going to do the same myself and i had 2 970s

What if I have one sitting in the closet connected to an old gpu? Still not much different,? Prob mostly just a cosmetic thing?

I'm not sure I'm following. Are you talking about strapping a Corsair unit to one? I mean you could, but cosmetically it wouldn't look that great because you'd have to ghetto up a mounting solution then buy ugly heatsinks to keep the VRM and VRAM cool. Either that, or buy a contraption to do it, then you're out money. Drogos had 2 970s and lives in Florida so there was some benefit but even later he found out that ditching that setup to watercool a single powerful card was better.

I mean it wouldn't be bad for an experiment but I just don't see the point when a 970 is a cool running chip already.

For a 970 I just don't see the benefit at all.

yeah man i can tell from experience riggin a cpu aio to a gpu is no fun at all. i had evga 970s at the time when i was going to aio cool them but thats cuz evga sells aio gpu coolers.

I have a kraken g10 connected to a 360 nzxt rad I got pretty cheap from a friend who went custom hardline.

I guess I might just be looking for a project lol. It's not a big deal was just curious if it would have any advantages.

Last edited:
Oh well if you already have the parts then by all means mate.

The advantages are this. My Titan X is a hot chip, and with stock cooler and mild overclocks, a steep fan profile can sit in the 80s during gaming. Now, think of what a chip will do with half the TDP and 3x the radiator?

Back
Top Bottom