New gaming computer.. Any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johan

Solid State Member
Posted this at some other forums too, since its best to get all kinds of tips from as many as possible!

I've been checking out all kinds of websites about computer hardware, and made myself an image about how my computer would be like.. So here it is, preliminary... Please make comments about the parts, tell me if they suck or if its a good choice, or if there is something better! :)

Btw, I have a few requirements for whichever computer I decide to buy too. It shall preform very well in any game out today and for tomorrows games aswell. It shall be easy to upgrade in a year or two, without having to replace much parts but like the videocard and the CPU. It shall be a cool system, both today and in a year or two. And by cool system I mean cool temperaturewise, not hot and stylish! (Although I personally think the chassi of my own choice is kind of stylish, even though it doesn't look like an alien or something). =)

Anyway, here's the preliminary computer:

-Coolermaster STC-T01 Chassi Stacker + Antec NeoPower 480W

-Cooler Master Cross flow fan for Stacker

-CoolerMaster AeroGate II Silver

-Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI 4DDR-DIMM 3PCI 4PCIe SATA Raid Audio GB-LAN Socket939 ATX

-AMD Athlon64 3500+ 2200MHz/2.2GHz 512kb bulk/tray Socket939

-Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu inkl. Fanmate2 Intel Socket478 / AMD Socket462/754/939/940

-2x GeIL Ultra X 512Mb DDR PC3200 CAS2 400MHz with Heatsink+ temp sensor

-Maxtor DiamondMax 10 6B200M0 200Gb 7200rpm 8Mb S-ATA

-AOpen GeForce 6600GT 128Mb DDR3 TV-out DVI RETAIL PCI Express

-NEC ND-3500 Dual-Layer DVD +RW/R -RW/R 16X DVD+R 4X DVD+RW 16X DVD-R 4X DVD-RW 48X CDR 24X CDRW bulk Silver IDE

-Standard 1.44Mb 3.5" floppy Silver

So there it is, my custombuilt computer.. So please let me know what you think, and please send me some tips if you have any!

If you convert my currency, which is swedish kronor, to the US Dolalr it would be $2500. Figured I should get a good computer out of that!

My thoughts are on the videocard though - I figured it aint worth to buy the latest 6800gt/ultra, since its alot more expensive than the 6600gt. I put my money on a better chassi and quality products instead, cause its easy to upgrade to one or maybe even two 6800 in a year or two...
:cool:

I think they are higher in Sweden because of all the taxes :/

Anyway, the fx-55 costs like 1000 US Dollars here, and it doesnt really feel like its worth it, since I get the 3500+ 2.2ghz for around 380 US Dollars.. And I'm pretty sure that CPU will due for a good while also.. And the motherboard may get the fx-55 for christmas next year or maybe the year after that =)

that's strange, the 3500+ goes for 295 dollars here, where are you buying from? i'm not sure if it's prices are different for diff countries but try www.newegg.com, that's where im buying mine right after christmas and right now a 3500+ is only 295USD there

wow, that's a nice rig you are going to build, i wouldn't change a thing. by the way, i love your use of the word "shall".

well, maybe the maxtor can be a western digital instead, but that's all i would change.

Yeah I was thinking about the OCZ-memory, but I read that memorytest on anandtech.com and the Geil Ultra X pretty much wooped OCZ's ass there... I think actually that the only memory that beat Geil in some of the tetst was Corsairs xms-series (think that was the name atleast)

Check out what the write about Geil if you want here

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, it shall be of use ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom