Dell Inspiron Laptop Going to Sleep

deffazz

Beta member
Hey guys, this is my first time posting here.

Buy Dell Inspiron 15 i5558-5717SLV Signature Edition Laptop - Microsoft Store Online

So first off this is the laptop I have. I have a problem with it though. I bought it new around 3 months ago.

The problem is that when I plug and unplug the charger the laptop goes to sleep and I have to press the power button to start it up again. This happens 50% of the time when I plug/unplug the charger.

Also when I press F12 and F11 to increase/decrease the brightness the same thing happens around 50% of the time (the screen goes to sleep)

I've tried different outlets around the house and I've also tried a different charger (my dad has the same laptop and while his laptop doesnt have this problem when I use his charger with my laptop it happens to me)

Check the Advanced Power Settings and see what the Sleep level is set to.

Is the charger actually charging the battery?

Oh and I forgot to say this but around 50% of the time when its plugged in the laptop becomes so slow... like you can tell the difference because as soon as I unplug it its flying again.

And yeah most of the time its charging when I plug it in. Two weeks ago when I had it plugged in I noticed it wasn't charging so I just took out the charger and plugged it back in and it worked. It could have been a coincidence or it could not have but 98% of the time it charges when I plug it in.

Edit: Here

http://imgur.com/hSqZ3dw

Click 'Change Plan Settings' next to your currently selected Power Saver plan and check on all the options in the advanced window.

Don't have to screenshot all of it - but you can look through each section yourself a bit and see if anything looks weird.

Particularly the Sleep setting, CPU setting, etc.

Honestly I've never been there before so I guess it is what was default.
I looked through it though and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Back
Top Bottom