Water Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
i still recomend the AquariusIII but the bigwater is still good. Yea they are sold out cause alot of sons and daughters(that obviously like computers) are asking for a water cooled kit cause its the cool thing to do now. I know all the computer savy ppl at my school (myself including) are asking for a water cooled sys.

hmm wouldnt know cause i dont go by reviews. never know if te review is payed if you know what i mean. I go by what i know and i know that the AquariusIII is really good.

first of all, why would thermaltake pay a website to boost a cheaper product over one more expensive from thier company. Also, over read over 5 different reviews each. Aquarius III cools a 3200 at stock speed about 46C, and bigwater will cool the same processor at no more than 40c load (think thats what it was, about that anyways). Chances are slim that thermaltake would pay 5 sites to boost a $150 bigwater over the $250 Aquarius III. Just my opinion :p

not what i was talking about but nvm. and that water cooling sys will cool it down more that that. my 2600+ can be oc'd to 2.3ghz(1.92 stock) and sit at 47c full load. that is on active cooling.

so how big of a performance boost in cooling can i look at if i invest in a water cooling system, and secondly i dont think a little h20 could kill your computer.

well being as water doesnt conduct electricity you should technically be able to dunk your entire computer in water without having to worry about any problems.

Yes water isn't as conductive as salt water would be... salt water has the Compound NaCl (table salt) in it and compound dissolved in water conducts both heat and electricity better, because the electrons can travel easier and more efficiently.

It is still an incredibly bad idea to get anything remotely moist on any electric/electronic component. This can result in electric shock, and maybe even death :confused: .

water isnt less conductive than salt water, it is non-conductive... so if you used pure water in your system, then you should have no fear of a leak except its effect on your actual cooling... i wish i had an old computer to test now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom