Hard Drive Dilema

Novabeam

Beta member
I recently built a PC and I have an old 80gb ssd with windows 7 ultimate installed and it crashes a lot. I am planning to upgrade to windows 10, but I am unsure to use my new 1tb hdd or use my old 80gb ssd.

PS first time using this site, first PC build

So, what is it exactly that you want to do? What SSD is it and what's the rest of your build?

CPU: i-5 4690K 3.5Ghz
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SSC 4GB
Memory: 12GB RAM
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming-3
Storage: 80gb ssd OCZ-VERTEX
500gb hdd Samsung HM501ll
1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue

I am fixing windows right now, but windows 7 updates are failing and windows 10 wont install on my ssd. So I was wondering if I should upgrade to windows 10 on the 1tb hard drive. Plus, the ssd fails to boot some times.

Is it a first gen Vertex?

Not sure, but the dilema here is that I am running out of space for program files on the 80gb ssd. So I am wondering if i should install windows 10 on my 1tb hdd and just format my ssd. Or if there is any other solution that I dont know of.

You can do a clean install then use some utilies to see if you can save the SSD. More than likely overprovision has been used a lot and TRIM wasn't working causing issue. By clean install I mean on the 1TB and if need be can clone to the SSD if all goes well.

Back
Top Bottom