Infernal beeping please help!

Honestly, I never thought of that... I have one in my room that's on AC and Battery power... when those suckers fail, they make some of the most awful PC like chirps (the beep you hear from your typical desktop during post) that can drive one nuts.

No, I'm certain it's not from the external speakers as they're on my wall in 5.1 surround, and it's not coming from anything around my desktop. I ran my PSU through my tester when my friend was done using it for his new rig and these were the results.
sbvX1uB.jpg

Last night I took my rig apart and found the source of the beeping. It was a speaker on the circuit board within my CPU heatsink that functions as a brain for the heatsink and it didn't like the way I had oriented the fan to assist the rear exhaust fan and avoid conflicting with the heatsinks on my RAM. I removed the heatsinks on my RAM and reoriented the fan and it seems to have completely solved the issue. Monitoring the levels every so often to make sure all is well but so far so good.

Would explain it since it's a cheap TEC cooler and improper airflow will cause them to malfunction, possibly setting off an alarm to alert you. Though such coolers are avoided by pretty much... everyone.

By now I am sure you have realized that it is the Ultra ChillTec Black CPU cooler that is beeping , mine is doing the same thing. All seems normal with my system in regards to temp and such and runs fine , maybe a bit slow

Back
Top Bottom