Monitor Screen Goes Black DVI

zaka100

W͂Oͨ̍̍̒̈́͛̕
Hi, this problem started two days ago where my monitor goes black for a brief moment randomly when connected with DVI. It works perfectly with vga. The DVI cable looks ok. I had the monitor for like a month now. Any Help :annoyed:?

Tried a different DVI cable? Tried the monitor over DVI on another system? Tried another DVI port, if you have one? Do you have any adapters, or is it a straight-through DVI cable?

i use a straight through dvi. my monitor only has 1 dvi and vga. ill try buying another cable. my vga cable connects to my gpu through a dvi to vga adapter.

I had a DVI cable go on me recently, I DO have a few spares on hand fortunately, My IPS went black and I was NOT happy but first think I did was try a HDMI and it worked but I use that with my laptop a lot so I pulled a DVI out of a closet and switched them and all was good, The one that went I've had for years, But like everything else they do go from time to time. With the monitor being new I'm guessing the cable is, With it only going out momentarily you may just have a broken wire that has a weak connection in it (Wires touching but not connected) So I wuld try a new cable and go from there, there cheap and good to have on spare anyway just for these reasons anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom