Antec P280 case, side panel loose

setishock

Wizard of Wires
The center of the left side panel has become loose. The top front and bottom front corners are tight from the tension fingers pushing out on the panel and the locking knobs being close to the ends. But as you see in the video the middle is loose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uXcMVWbNNY

Any ideas how to fix that? I've got a couple of ideas but just want to see what ya'll have to say about it.

Is the side panel mounted correctly? If so...bend the middle inwards slightly so that it "connects" to the rest of the case? That or just add some rubber-adhesive shims or something to make it fit tightly.

The grabbers for the front, hook around the side of the nose piece. One of the ends that is tight looked like it had been caved in. It was bent up a bit. I straightened that out and bent down the top edges. They look like squared off C. It fits a little better but it's going to take some hit and miss bending to get it to grab snugly across the entire panel.
There's a lot of metal bending on the side panels. I don't want to mess any of that up. The side panels are priced ok but having to order one and wait for it come from California would try my patients.

Back
Top Bottom