CPU heatsink

+1 for going with the H60 so you can reuse it. Unless you're wanting to still use your old system when you have your new system.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm going to go with PP Maguire's suggestion to get a nice cooler now and I can transfer into a new setup later. This is the correct one, right? I want to make sure before I pull the trigger.

Also, I guess I don't have to go very small when I get a new setup. Right now I'm in college so it's a PITA to move it back and forth, but when I get my new setup I would be living in one place for a while, so no moving it a lot.

Hello, the H60 arrived. I need to remove the motherboard, which sucks because I don't think I'll be able to remember where all the wires are supposed to be plugged into lol. Any tips to remember how to put everything back to how it was? Do you think I can try install the backplate without unplugging anything? I'm extremely tired from a long day so I should probably wait until tomorrow to do this, but I really want to get this working haha.

Depends on the case - if your case has a spot on the motherboard tray with a cutout on the back side, you won't have to remove the board from the case entirely.

Otherwise...why not just take pics to make sure you have everything?

I was able to put the backplate on without taking out any wires lol. Just had to angle myself in there, but I got it. Thanks for the reply! Can't wait to get this baby up and running.

Depends on the case - if your case has a spot on the motherboard tray with a cutout on the back side, you won't have to remove the board from the case entirely.

Otherwise...why not just take pics to make sure you have everything?

Like this,

attachment.php

And this.

attachment.php

That way you know for sure where everything goes.

Back
Top Bottom