GPU Very Loud

Connorsquash

Beta member
Hey all, i'm in desperate need of some help, i'll lay it all out for you

So I recently purchased an ASUS Geforce 750ti
I fitted it in, but had to purchase an LP4 6 pin adapter because my power supply (550v) didn't have a 6 pin.

Within 10 minutes of my computer being on my gpu was running very loudly, i downloaded MSI afterburner and the fan speed said it was on 29%, i changed the speed to 65% to see if there was a change in noise, it stayed just as loud.

Whenever i play games it becomes unbearably noisy, it sounds like its constantly at 100% despite saying its on 29%

Does anyone know how i can fix this or what the problem is?

Thanks in advance

Can't be louder than my reference 290. Uninstall/reinstall the drivers and see if anything changes. And do a proper reboot after reinstallation to make sure the settings are being detected properly by any tweaking utilities that can change settings like that at boot. I had a similar issue when I tried Windows 10 on my main PC. The fan would start running at 60% nonstop after the computer booted; never found out why because I just went back to 7.

Like was said above; it could be a defective fan. If you can return/RMA it, do that if all else fails. It's not uncommon to get defective parts even nowadays....

Yeah it could be the thermal sensor chip under the heat sink is defective. That's not a user serviceable part.

PrecisionX is written for Nvidia chips by Nvidia. It will tell you load and temps along with other aspects of the card. EVGA - Software - EVGA PrecisionX 16
You'll have to create an account to get it though. It's painless. I use PX when I want a peek at the card to make sure the temps are fairly stable. It's a lot better than 3rd party tweak and monitor software.

BTW Do you have Bionc or folding at home or something like that that uses the GPU? If you do does it start up with windows? If that's the case disable it starting up at boot up or set it to manual. That way it only starts up when called for.

Yeah it could be the thermal sensor chip under the heat sink is defective. That's not a user serviceable part.

PrecisionX is written for Nvidia chips by Nvidia. It will tell you load and temps along with other aspects of the card. EVGA - Software - EVGA PrecisionX 16
You'll have to create an account to get it though. It's painless. I use PX when I want a peek at the card to make sure the temps are fairly stable. It's a lot better than 3rd party tweak and monitor software.

Don't need to make an account if you get it from a place other than EVGA, such as MajorGeeks:
Download EVGA Precision X - MajorGeeks

Afterburner should work fine as well, though.

Back
Top Bottom