1 printer 2 pcs

chara33

Daemon Poster
Is there away to set up and use a wired printer on 2 pc when i want to? If so, how plz?

thx

Through USB? No.

You'll have to either share the printer through PC 1 and print over the network on PC 2, or get a small Print Server to hook the printer up to, which then connects to your router, and then you can print over the network from either PC 1 or PC 2.

Can someone plz tell me if a hp deskjet 1510 series can be used as a network printer plz I believe i have all things set up correctly but i cant seem to get it to print from the pc the printer isnt physically connected to.

thx

No it does not have networking built in. You'll need to set it up as a shared printer as the link instructed, check if your router has the capability to plug a USB printer into it, or buy a print server module. One of those will make it into a printer available over the network.

No it does not have networking built in. You'll need to set it up as a shared printer as the link instructed, check if your router has the capability to plug a USB printer into it, or buy a print server module. One of those will make it into a printer available over the network. It states the printer is offline.

C, It is working correctly. Link was great.

thx as always.

Last edited:
I have a verizon Fios router g1100 which has 2 usb ports on the back of it. When I try to use them they do not work. I asked verizon why the don't and they said they could only be used to charge a phone, tablet...etc. Is there a way I can turn it and use it as a print server?

Last edited:
I have a verizon Fios router g1100 which has 2 usb ports on the back of it. When I try to use them they do not work. I asked verizon why the don't and they said they could only be used to charge a phone, tablet...etc. Is there a way I can turn it on yo turn it on and use it as a print server?

Only if the firmware supports it. Looking at the manual, it has this to say:

• USB - provides up to 500 mA at 5 VDC for attached devices.
For example, you could charge a cell phone. In the future, with a
firmware upgrade, the USB host functionality may be available for
other devices, such as external storage and cameras. Firmware
updates are performed automatically by Verizon.

So until they support it, you can't.

Back
Top Bottom