Is it worth it to upgrade the Macbook Air?

GLaDOS

In Runtime
Hi all, I'm replacing my wife's 5 year old Macbook Pro. I'm looking at replacing it with the new 13" Macbook Air and wanted to see if upgrading some of the specs would be worth the cost. She mostly users her Macbook to view photos, surf the web, read email, and watch iTunes content. The base specs of the Mac include a 1.6GHz dual-core intel core i5 (w/ turbo boost up to 2.7 GHz), 4GB RAM, and 256 PCIe-based Flashed storage. I definitely want to upgrade the storage to 512GB to store all her photos. But I'm wondering if it's worth the extra cost to upgrade the processor (2.2 GHz dual-core intel core i7, turbot boost up to 3.2 GHZ) and the memory (8GB). Any thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

I think it'd probably be a bit more cost effective to just use the 500GB iCloud setup they have or even cheaper get an external drive for her pictures.

I'd definitely boost the processor. The lower clocked i5 and i7s less than 2GHz aren't that great IMO but I don't think upping the RAM would be that necessary. If it's not much then go ahead and do it.

Back
Top Bottom