ram cooler..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll get mixed reviews on those. Some people say they do something, but generally the thoughts are they don't really do much. They do however help to protect against bad handling of the stick. You don't have to worry about shorting a chip as easily since it's covered. It can also take a fall and more than likely survive easier than if it was bare. But whether or not it REALLY helps for cooling no one really knows. No one has temp monitors on their RAM and even if they did probably don't know the RAM's maximum heat temp before it dies.

IMO it's not really worth buying them seperate. I did for my RAM sticks and....well...you don't really know if they are doing anything...

But like I said it will protect against falls, static, and hey they look nice :D

the OCZ Platinum Series Rev2 sticks come with a mirror finish polished 'platinum' heatspreaders. Pretty sweet lookin

i wonder if they sell watercooling RAM attachments... that'd be kinda cool, and what is the best RAMsink out?

and what is the best RAMsink out?
Well the RAMsinks are different from heatspreaders. They are just the little metal heatsinks that go on each individual RAM chip.... I personally don't know what the best are out right now, but I know Ag3 does... hope he see's this :p

He showed some ramsinks before that don't look like your normal sinks. They almost look like road spikes :eek: but those are supposed to be top of the line. Of course this was a couple of months ago.

nubius, once again you insult my intelligence, but its ok :D, you do it often enough i guess... but i wish you could remember the name of those ramsinks, im thinking about trying to OC my RAM even further, its been miracle RAM from the beginning... and now i want to make it even faster. ive been thinking about taking one of my old case fans, being as im replacing mostly with those massive 12cm fans, and mounting it atop my RAM somehow, but i wanted ramsinks first.

nubius, once again you insult my intelligence, but its ok
Gotta remember man, I have to post good explinations on most things so that any future readers or any current readers that don't know what they are, will be informed of them and not be lost and/or confused in our conversation ;)

Quit taking so much offense to things leo! :D

well with chaosblizzard gone i feel the need to pick fights with someone :D no small children near me to push around so i picked you...

well with chaosblizzard gone i feel the need to pick fights with someone no small children near me to push around so i picked you...
lol, what about small frail, innocent animals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom