Case - DVD Drive Rails

Aaron_B

Baseband Member
Hi everyone,

My good friend got a desktop (server) shell from my basement at the old house. He found it in the back corner during my recent move. His mom ended up buying him all the parts he needed and we built it all up. It's actually really cool..just one problem. We get almost done, and we both realized there is no rails for the CD/DVD Drive. There's no rails or anything to attach it to.

Antec PlusView 1000AMG is the shell Model #. I contacted the manufacturer and they said the case was so old they couldn't help me. I just want the part # of the rails or, anything that I can mount in there for the kid to have the optical drive functioning properly.

If anyone knows of a site or any where I can possibly locate the part, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

TweakTown reviewed that case in 2002. That's 13 years ago. Antec doesn't have to keep up with that. Too costly. Here's the review with some clear shots of what you're looking for.
Antec PlusView 1000 AMG Enclosure Review

In the future, examine the case before assembly to verify ALL the parts are in there.

Joe it uses a metal can sitting on a shelf for support. The rails alone would be useless. Check page 2 in the TT review.
Page 2 from where I'm at shows the exterior, Page 3 does show the interior, and by "cans" do you mean the drive bay's? I got the impression that the OP was only looking for the drive mount rails.. The case I had had two of these removable drive bay's, I think each bay held 4 drives.
Might be able to mod a drive bay from another case, Remove the existing shelves...Will need to buy some brackets to mount a different drive bay, and screw/rivet it to the inside of the front panel, could make for a fun mod project.

In the area where I live, they have a recycling center which is really just a large trailer that people throw their useless electronic stuff into, A person could dig out some old beat up cases and find a 5.25" drive bay that could be used for this type of mod.

Last edited:
Not cheap....
Four 4 Antec Case Drive Rails 5 25" Beige | eBay

I had an Antec case years ago and I think I might have a couple of those types of rails that are on ebay. If those look like they'll work for you, I'll see what I can do to locate the one's I have for you

Pretty sure this is what he needs. I just messaged him the link - thank you.

And yes, I know the case is old as dirt. I wasn't trying to attack the manufacturer, it just kind of frustrated me that they couldn't pull any information on it. I was going to throw the case out during the move and he wanted to build his first workstation out of it, so i said w.e keep it buddy. Next thing I know hes asking for my help.../facepalm hahah

Thanks for all the help!

Back
Top Bottom