need a new monitor dual? 4k?

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
I had these monitors for like 10 years and now I think its time to upgrade the whole system
one is 22 inch LG other is 19 inch LG of same model
but I'm not sure what the best choice would be

I'm considering either one 27-35 inch 4k monitor and one smaller one that can be rotated to read documents.

or dual 24-27 inch 4 k monitors
or should I not go with 4k monitor at all and why?
possibly ultrawide single monitor?
I'm trying to buy so it lasts me a while.

and I'm thinking that 4k is somewhat of a standard resolution since my tv and my phone are both 4k and so are the pictures and videos.
that way they are same format on all devices...

right now I use my PC for mostly internet browsing and as a workstation. and sometimes phtoshop and games once in a while

and I do a lot of multitasking so I always have a lot of windows open and use that desktop space for documents and diagrams and other crap

but with a bigger monitor probably would watch some movies too on Netflix or bluray.

Well I suggest hooking up to your TV if it's 4k to see if you like dealing with the scaling. You'll need to upgrade to Windows 10 to at least somewhat be helped in the way of DPI increase just to see things properly and some older programs don't play nice with 4k. Your current video card only supports 4k @ 30hz though so it'll seem sluggish. Depending on what kind of gaming we're talking about on the side you'll need to upgrade to a much better GPU too.

I have to upgrade motherboard since I just found I'm only on sata2 with this board and not even utilizing my drives to full speed

so almost everything is gonna get upgraded including cpu and graphics card.

Won't make much of a difference, or at least you won't notice the difference between SATA2 and 3 even when you upgrade platforms. Biggest bump up will be when you get a new CPU and RAM.

Back
Top Bottom