Something that has really bugged me since joining TF.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
By any chance can we make the "What does you Chill spot look like" a Sticky. Seriously it bugs me every time I am in the OT section. Their is no other thread that has the reply and Views that thread has that's not Stickied.

Would any one else back this? Or is it just me.

Re: Something that has really Buged me since Joing TF.

I can't show my desk top. I don't think she would go over very well.

It's not as active as the other threads..and too many stickies clutters it up IMO. Unless you can make a good enough case for it, my vote is no.

It's not as active as the other threads..and too many stickies clutters it up IMO. Unless you can make a good enough case for it, my vote is no.

OK hear go's . The desktop screen shot thread currently has 89.237 Views and 934 Reply with the first post being in 2008 . We have threads that are newer than that and yes might or are more active but as a picture orientated thread its a topic of discussion and with ever more OS's being produced the thread conversation can change from one post to the next. I don't have any posts in their but do follow it as a Guest when I'm not logged in or when I am as a member.

Also as well as being ascetically pleasing their is no other thread that has the views it has or the posts it has and you could say its the last one to be stickied in the OT section as all other posts that are made in the OT section are of personal interest as were this thread has a following and depth and is a centre point of a specific discussion on a specific issue.

You could go about this in 2 ways. Make an index here using embedded links with just the name of the thread. Or in your favorites list on your local computer have a link to threads you want to go directly to.
No matter where in the list the thread is, the URL's are constant and will take you directly to the thread.

EDIT:

Potentially the longest thread in history...

Potentially the longest thread in history...

What You've Just Bought!

What You've Just Bought!

The Food & Drink Thread

The Food & Drink Tread

What you are listening to/watching now?

What you are listening to/watching now?

Techist Member Picture Gallery

Techist Member Picture Gallery

What does your chill spot look like?

What does your chill spot look like?

Desktop Screenshot Thread

Desktop Screenshot Thread

The text under the thread title is a link that goes directly to the thread. If done this way you can remove the stickies and just have one that is the index to popular threads. It would be easy to add or remove links as it's just text. One sticky and no clutter.
Since the forum software does the URL conversion automatically, I don't think you'd have to make the link manually. Let's try that out.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f5/something-has-really-bugged-me-since-joining-tech-forums-276609/

Ok so it does. So that cuts out some manual labour. Just make a list of url's and post them in one thread then sticky that. And I'd close and lock the thread to keep it from getting posts put in it. Neat and tidy looks better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom